Monday, June 27, 2011

Some Saturdays are Worse than Others

This Saturday I did something I should not have done. What initially started off as a fun project - to go and see all sorts of downtown bars, hopefully run into people I know, and just hang about as if I just don't care, it got downplayed as a waste of time rather than a means to unwind.
My friend, a proud male breeder, was really excited about going out with me thinking that he would get more lady attention that way. Little did he know: A) If there is any attention - I am the one to either get it or give it, in other words, I am a very selfish friend, B) he had serious hardships finding anyone who is even remotely attractive. Poor guy had no chance to start with. I was equally frustrated.
We went to this place called the Mika Tivadar Mulato and then later to an equally nasty Fogashaz. I have no words to describe misery I encountered.
Meat market is the word. But usually, if you wanna sell some, you usually make it look nice. You do not bring just anything on the table. Even if you do, you pimp it up with whatever you have, highlight the good sides, make the ugly ones invisible and set out to score some. It was a Saturday night, I was not mistaken. These people were actually thinking they might score some looking like that. I will not extrapolate the depths of my disgust I had to overcome when shaking off some what I think was a truck driver who had just finished his 20 hour shift on a hot summer day. Eeeeeewwwwww.

What we witnessed is the absolute lack of any of the above mentioned practices, we were trying hard to see someone even decent looking, but what we saw is the parade of the despair.

Do not get me wrong: I am not talking about simply being ugly. I am talking about not caring about looks.  It is neglecting the possibility to make yourself look acceptable, respectable. The thing is, those people knew something was wrong. You could read it on their faces, disappointment with what they see, as if they painfully realised that what they offer is not a single notch better than what they see of they look around.

We left early enough not to see what happens when they give in and lower each other standard's a couple of notches.

Thank unicorns I went home and had a decent wet dream so I could forget about those horrors.

Do not misunderstand me. I am not telling you not to go there. I am telling you not to go there looking like that, and hoping you can feast your eyes on eye candies, cause the cute ones have simply gone somewhere else.

I believe this tune can describe my sentiment:










1 comment: