Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Ranting

Now, maybe I am a little bit cranky today, but in all cases I need to complain a bit.

Firstly, let me stress it:  I am not an idiot.

Let us start with how I address my audience: LGBQT ...? Yes, I have done that. Sometimes I mess up the order, and often I miss categories out. It may be insulting. I am aware of that. I am not telling you to get used to it. I am telling you to complain! Please do!

Let us move on quickly before I say I am sorry. There would be really little point to that before anyone has even addressed a complaint yet.

Second issue is the amount of events for ladies. Take one look at this blog and see that most of these events are planned for gay male population. All the clubs that I have mentioned so far are planned for gay male audience. There is not one single gayelle club in this town. Not one. Off course, many of the gay clubs let women in, but how does that look like in reality? Approximately there is one woman for nine men - you know what I mean. That is just unacceptable. One of the reasons why most lady parties allow women only is precisely because women are so underrepresented in the Budapest party life. It is obvious that there is a need for a secluded scene, because otherwise all we have is a scattered bunch of nothing. But is that the final goal, is that completely satisfying? How do we want our entertainment?

ENTERTAINMENT ______________________


(it echoes and bounces off the walls for a couple of moments while I pause to think - entertainment....is....a free sample of liberty....is it now?  I know I need it. I know everyone needs it...Still, it bounces a little more of the hollow surface within my head.....)Anyway....

I will not rank the clubs, there is no point to it. Coxx, Action Bar, AlterEgo, lalala, are clubs by men and for men.  If you see women there they are most probably fag hags. Not exclusively.  Is this too sour? Maybe I am overacting, but that there is a under-representation of gayelles is something everyone is aware of. Budapest needs to grow. It needs more lesbian visibility, and more lesbian spaces. That is a fact.

Let's rank Budapest LQGBTIA events (hoppa, does it work this time, no complaints?):

First a list of events that happen more or less ordinarily - I will not count club nights:


Brutko Diszko
Chicken Exit
Confetti
Szkafander
Bad Taste
Papa Don't Vogue
Ossztrosokk
Prestige
Candy Party


Ammm, is this all????

Seriously, all?

PLEASE; pretty please with cherry on top correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is about it!!!!



And then it goes like this:

Men only: -

Women only: Ossztrosokk.

Now there are several ways to refer to this category, noone is really sure how to, but everyone tries their best:

Mixed, queer, straight friendly, and so on: Brutko Diszko, Bad Taste, Papa Don't Vogue, Szkafander, COnfetti, Chicken Exit, Candy Party.



Hm. Interesting.

I do not think I am getting anywhere like this. According to this there should be almost a balance of attendees with the exclusion of Ossztrosokk, but I know that there is not!
Of all the mixed events the only event close to really being mixed, to put it that way if I have to, is Brutko Diszko. I will have to make an interview with the organizers to ask how they are doing it.

I did not get anywhere, but that is how it is with ranting.

I will still report as soon as I find something!!!!





2 comments: