Sunday, June 19, 2011

The March

Dear all!

I was at the pride! Damn right I was. Proud at the Pride!

Vanity does not give empty promises. I borrowed my friend´s camera, held onto it with my sweaty hands and tried to capture a little bit of what was going on, just so I could bring you a little treat: march mini-report with photos! Yeheah!

This is how it looked like at the beginning, round 3:15 pm, when people were still gathering. Can´t see much more other than that there is quite a decent amount of people, which eventually grew to be round 4000, and it would have been much more if the rest of the marchers were allowed to join the march from Oktogon.


From march



Stuart Milk was there!


From march


He quoted parts of Obama´s annual proclamation of June being the Gay Pride month. At least, I think it was parts of that proclamation, since I could not understand and/or hear it too well. Thanks to my secret source (S.B.), I was informed that just a day before the Budapest March and Milk´s speech, Obama´s spokesperson denied Obama´s 1996 survey, that is, denied that Obama himself filled in the surveys. You can find them here:

http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/gay/lesbian/news/photospreadthumbs.php?APUB=wct&ADATE=2009-01-14&AGALLERY=obama

After my source asked Milk whether he was aware of the repercussions of that information the reply was somewhat dimmed: "it goes back and forth" (this is a paraphasis, so do not go ostracising me for this). Or something like that. It would have been nice to know that such surveys are found more important than just giving them out to assistants to fill them in.

Okay, let us see how it went. I found this lady with a charming tattoo:


From march


And the Eurogames crew: Which reminds me to inform you of the upcoming Eurogames next year, to be held in Budapest. Oh Yeah!!!


From march


This lady was pretty hardcore on her trumpet, yet she made it look so easy. She did a great job:


From march


This sea of people, all priding at the pride. Spot the cute girl at the lower right bottom of the photo. I wanted to take a picture of her only, but was too shy to ask. Ehhh....


From march


A huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge, several meter long rainbow flag:


From march


Spot the lady in the uniform. I think I saw that outfit in a sex shop. It looks good! Uniforms are sexy!


From march


Kokarda, quite a successful design:


From march


Now this is interesting:  I literally passed under the rainbow. There is an old Croatian short novel (Dinko Simunovic: Duga, 1906), about a girl who wanted to pass under the rainbow, because there was a legend that if she did that, she would turn into a boy. Her motivation was clear: as a girl she was denied possibility to play and run around freely like other children did (namely boys). All she wanted was some equality. It is a sad story, because she died attempting to run under the rainbow - she got stuck in the mud of a swamp and drowned. Had her parents been more understanding and allowing, she would not have suffered such a tragic end. EHhh, sounds familiar...Parents, give your children right to breathe the way they want to!


From march



Like this one, who was not shy to let me take a photo:


From march


Then I met my friend Jodi, who was walking around in a rainbow dress that she made just that day, especially for the pride. She made it with her bare hands. I plan to nominate her for the Homofriend of the Month Award for this month:


From march


After that, at Oktogon square, we met the Haters!!! Oh my! They were fierce, especially this dinosaur at the front. The words he shouted were quite ugly, but they sounded quite ridiculous, as he basically managed to  embarrass himself instead of the marching crowd he wanted to insult. He should be held at a museum.


From march


Austrian drummers made a great atmosphere. Even though police was really helpful all throughout the March, it is a sad and tragic shame that after the March some Haters managed to attack two Austrian marchers and then the marchers were taken by the police for investigation instead of them Haters. That is a bad slip, Police. Otherwise, officers were rather well organised during the March itself.


From march



Then there was this lady, she was rather shy, but she still let me to take a photo:


From march


Maybe a bit off topic, but I will squeeze it in because it is important. I heard of another tragic story, that a day before the march a couple of Roma trannies were denied entry to  AlterEgo club. Shame on you AlterEgo!

For now that is all folks. Hope you enjoyed....

Do not forget that you can still catch the flick tonight at Muvesz Cinema, the theatre show at Komod, and the finishing discussion/workshop is happening at the moment, I guess I was late to inform you of that.

I am like the Terminator: will be back soon!

XoXo,

Vanity

No comments:

Post a Comment