Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Pride Week

I might be as boring as a fly that woke me up this morning, but once of anything good is never enough.

This is the Budapest Pride week. There are plenty of programs.
I have already listed them in one of my posts, so please scroll down, look at the program, and see for yourself what you would like to see and/or participate in.

My highlights for instance:

yesterday's speed dating for women.
today's theater show at Komod theater
tomorrow's open microphone night at Mika Tivadar Mulato.

My concern today is the culmination of the pride week: the march itself. Many of my friends would say, sure, that pride thing is a great thing. Are you going? Naaah, I will just stay at home and watch it from the comfort of my armchair. Then, the following day I will complain that I need to hide the fact that I have a girlfriend because my work colleagues would find it troublesome.
One day you are granted the possibility to be visible and ask for more visibility and you throw it down the drain.
I know what you are thinking, one day???
It should be all days, all the time...
And I agree, it should, but it is not yet, not in Budapest, and there are many little steps to be done in order to get there.
I do not believe in little steps.


Well, I do not believe in your complaining then!

Complain at the right time, at the right spot, when the possibility is given.

Join the march. The more, the merrier.

I will be there!

XOXO,

Vanity










No comments:

Post a Comment